there are so many reasons why God shouldn't have called me...
but i won't worry.... i'm in good company
moses stuttered david's armor didn't fit
john mark was rejected by paul
timothy had ulcers hosea's wife was a prostitute jacob was a liar
amos' only training was in the school of fig tree pruning
david had a affair solomon was too rich Jesus was too poor
abraham was too old david was too young peter was afraid of death
lazarus was dead
john was self righteous naomi was a widow paul was a murderer
so was moses
jonah ran from God miriam was a gossip gideon and thomas both doubted
jeremiah was a bullfrog ..nah.. he was depressed and suicidal
elijah was burnt out john the baptist was a loud mouth
martha was a worrywart mary was lazy samson had long hair
noah got drunk
did we mention that moses had a short fuse?
so did peter ~paul~ well allot of folks did
but God doesn't require a job interview He doesn't hire and fire like most bosses
He's more like my dad than my boss
He doesn't look at financial gain or loss He's not prejudiced or partial
not judging, grudging, sassy or brassy, not deaf to my cry, not blind to my need
as much as i try,
God's gifts are free
i could do wonderful things for wonderful people and still not be.....wonderful
satan says i'm not worthy Jesus says so what? I AM
satan looks back and see my mistakes God looks back and sees the cross
He doesn't calculate what i did in '87 it's not even on the record if i've confessed
sure there are lots and lots of reasons why God shouldn't have called me
but...
if i'm magically in love with Him if i hunger for Him more than my next breath
He will use me...in spite of who iam, where i've been or what i look like
if i step out of my limitations into the illimitable nature of God
my passion for Him and passion to communicate to Him
and communicate Him to others
will make mincemeat of my limitations
author unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment